Reunions 2023 FAQ
Questions? We have answers!
- What is Reed doing to create a COVID-safe environment for Reunions?
- Can I attend if it’s not my reunion year?
- Will any events be virtual?
- How do I register for Reunions?
- Who can attend Reunions?
- What does it cost to attend Reunions?
- Can I stay on campus?
- What is Alumni College?
- What do I need to bring to Reunions?
- Can I bring my pet?
- What if I arrive late after check-in closes?
- Can I help organize an event?
- What can I expect Reunions to be like?
- Can I make a gift in honor of my class reunion?
- Help! I can’t figure something out!
What is Reed doing to create a COVID-safe environment for Reunions?
In an effort to keep our campus and alumni community safe, we have implemented a few rules for this year’s Reunions:
1. All on-campus visitors (including children 2+) encouraged to provide proof of vaccination (or a negative PCR test) to attend.
2. And all on-campus visitors must wear their name badge while they are on campus.
3. Alumni Programs staff and volunteers will check for name badges at all indoor events.
4. Extra face coverings and hand sanitizer will be available at registration and event check-in tables.
5. We will follow all COVID-19 safety protocols for food service as set by local and state guidelines.
6. All Reunions attendees will be required to follow the regulations set in Reed College’s COVID-19 Response and Action Plan.
Can I attend if it’s not my reunion year?
Yes, of course—we would love to have you! Most of our events are open to alumni of any class year.
Will any events be virtual?
No, all events will be held in-person. There will be recordings of the faculty lectures made available online after Reunions weekend.
How do I register for Reunions?
Online registration for Reunions 2023 opens March 1, 2023
We will not issue any refunds after Sunday, June 4th.
Who can attend Reunions?
Reed alumni, their families, and the entire Reed community.
What does it cost to attend Reunions?
It is FREE to attend Reunions on campus, but there are costs you will pay when you register if you would like to stay on campus, attend meals, or participate in one of our special luncheons/dinners.
Can I stay on campus?
Yes! A limited number of dorm rooms are available for alumni to reserve from Thursday night (June 8) to Sunday morning (June 11). You can reserve your room(s) when you register for Reunions.
Dorm Room FAQs
Can I reserve more than one room? Yes. You can choose how many rooms you want when you register for Reunions
Can I choose the type or room or dorm I am in? You can add special requests when you register for Reunions, but we cannot promise to accommodate every request. ADA and family requests will be considered first.
Can my pet(s) stay with me in the dorm? No. The only pets allowed inside campus buildings, including dorms, are registered service animals.
What is provided with my dorm reservation? You will be provided one key and one swipe card (two keys and two swipes for double rooms), and one pack of disposable linens. We strongly suggest you bring your own bedding to make your stay more comfortable!
Can I bring a space heater or fan? NO! If you need additional heat or a fan, please find a Reunions staff member and they will help you out.
What is Alumni College?
Alumni College is an important part of our Alumni Engagement plan and is an opportunity for Reed alumni to gather and learn from each other and current faculty. Every year we select a theme and invite alumni and current/past faculty to present lectures related to the overarching topic.
This year's Alumni College will be held on June 7 and 8 leading into Reunions Weekend.
Registration for Alumni College opens on March 1.
Learn more on the Alumni College website
What do I need to bring to Reunions?
1. If you are staying in the dorms, you are more than welcome to bring your own bedding, blankets, and pillow. Do not bring space heaters, we have extra blankets
2. ID to purchase drinks at the bar.
3. A smile and boundless energy!
Can I bring my pet?
Pets are only allowed in the dorms and campus buildings if they are service animals.
What if I arrive late after check-in closes?
Open hours for Reunions Central are:
1 pm to 10 pm on Thursday, June 8
10 am to 10 pm on Friday, June 9
8 am to 9 pm on Saturday, June 10
8 am to 2 pm on Sunday, June 11 for check-out. All guests must be checked out by 2 pm. You cannot stay in your dorm room Sunday night.
If you arrive after Reunions Central closes and need to be let into your dorm, call Community Safety at 503-517-5355 and ask a Community Safety Officer to meet you at Prexy for late check-in. A CSO will ask for your name and photo ID to compare with the Reunions check-in list. Once the CSO confirms your identification matches the check-in list, you will be given your dorm assignment and Reunions pouch (which includes your swipe card and key). Please come to Reunions Central the next day to complete the check-in process.
If you did not register for Reunions in advance, you will not be permitted to check-in outside of Reunions Central open hours.
Can I help organize an event?
We’d love to hear from you! To get involved, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
What can I expect Reunions to be like?
This year’s Reunions will include beloved traditions such as the Carnival, Stop Making Sense LIVE, the Alumni Talent Show, a faculty lecture, class events, and more!
Can I make a gift in honor of my class reunion?
Yes, and it's easy! If you make a gift online, simply click on the box that says “Please make this gift in honor of” and fill in your class in the box below. Sending in a check? Note in the memo field it is in honor of your class. Thank you!
Help! I can’t figure something out!
Email email@example.com for help!